Frontline Volunteers Needed For The Canadian Canoe Museum!
Admissions and Museum Store Representatives
The Canadian Canoe Museum is looking for charismatic, tactful, and motivated individuals to assist in our daily frontline operations.
Why Choose Our Museum?
Volunteers are able to do half days (9:30am-1:30pm or 1:30pm-5:30pm) or full days depending on your needs The Museum is open 10:00am-5:00pm Monday through to Saturday, and 12:00pm-5:00pm on Sunday
Our monthly 'Coffee Club' gives volunteers a chance to experience the museum through a series of talks, tours and workshops
Volunteers can also take part in the following annual events:
- Summer Paddle Party at Elmhirst's Resort-Rice Lake
- CCM Float in the Canada Day and Kinsman Santa Claus Parade
- National Canoe Day
- Winter Potluck
- Autumn Museum Trip (ex. Toronto Museums & Art Galleries Tour)
- Volunteers receive a 10% discount on all Museum Store items, workshops, and free admission
- College & University students can use the museum for their program placement hours
- The Museum nominates excelling volunteers for awards in the annual Peterborough Civic Award Ceremony, and the Ontario Volunteer Service Awards
- The Museum has strong networking ties with businesses and individuals all around the city and beyond
- Volunteers also have paid opportunities like bar-tending and security for events at the museum
- Skills learned here are very adaptable to a variety of other businesses and organizations
- Although situated at the front desk, volunteers can gain experience and knowledge in many of the Museum's departments
- Individuals will gain a new understanding of a non-profit organization that thrives on the collaborated actions of our many departments and support
Does this sound like the place for you? Fill out an application form - you can pick one up at the Canadian Canoe Museum. Please be sure to include your resume.
We'll contact you and arrange for an interview; all volunteers working with the museum must provide a police check within their first month, and are subject to a three-month probationary period.
For more information contact Stacey Reynolds by phone at (705) 748-9153 ext. 210 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.